Why are prisons the most spiritually fertile harvest field on this planet? Part 7 of 10
People have asked me, why do I say that prisons are the most fruitful spiritual harvest field on this planet? I would like to share 10 reasons with you over the next few weeks and thank you for investing prayer, money and time to help us bring Glory to God as inmates and their families come to faith in Christ.
For review here are the previous six:
1. Most inmates are very discouraged. They need to hear the Good News and Hope that only comes from God’s Word.
2. In prison, they have plenty of time to study God’s Word.
3. Many are looking for purpose and meaning to life (Living for Christ gives an eternal purpose) Ephesians 3:9-13
4, In prison, there are fewer worldly distractions (No cell phones, no internet, etc)
5. All inmates need to be loved (The Word of God tells the truth of the ultimate source of love)
6. In prison, they have time to reflect on the bad choices they have made and many looking to change.
This week we look at #7 All inmates suffer from loneliness (many have very few visitors, a visit from PMA, brings Hope, correspondence instructor letters are like Christmas)
Paul who was writing from prison wrote these encouraging words in Romans 8:31-38,
“What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all–how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died–more than that, who was raised to life–is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: “For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.” No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future,nor any powers,”